Spring 2014 applicants
Notification letters for first year and LPN-RN transition applicants have been mailed.
Admitted students - must submit confirmation forms to the Office of Dean of Nursing no later than September 27, 2013 in order to confirm or decline the offered seat. The remittance address is listed on the confirmation form. In the coming weeks, further information regarding registration, clearances, drug testing, etc. will be sent to accepted student by the campus you have been admitted into. Campus designations will not be changed.
Wait Listed Students - must submit an email to email@example.com indicating a desire to remain on the wait list. Emails must be received no later than September 27, 2013. All wait list students should begin the process of completing the child abuse clearance as directed. Results should be retained by the student until otherwise instructed. The wait list applies to the spring 2014 admission period only. Wait list status does not afford preference in any subsequent semester.
Appeals - students who are denied admission have the opportunity to appeal. Appeals must be submitted in written format via email. Appeals are addressed to both Dean, Kathy Mayle (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nursing Admissions Coordinator, Amber Reed (email@example.com). All appeals should be received by September 27, 2013.
The appeal should include:
- Reason that the student feels their application should be reconsidered
- What the student feels was overlooked
- Supporting documentation (if applicable). If the supplemental document is a transcript, an official copy must have been provided to the campus registration office for proper processing. The student may include a copy of the transcript with the email. However, the appeal will not be considered unless an official copy has been provided to the college.
The application period for spring 2014 admission has ended. New application materials will be available during the fall 2014 application period. Applications will be accepted January 15, 2014 - March 1, 2014.
Applying to the Nursing Program is a two-step process. Interested individuals must first apply to CCAC via the general application. Students will then be required to provide official transcripts to the college, take placement tests as required, meet with an academic advisor and then complete appropriate coursework. Once these steps have been accomplished, students may move on to the official Nursing Program Application process.
Obtain an application for the Nursing Program. They are available online as well as at all campus Advisement Offices. Applications are being accepted July 1 through August 15 for the Spring term and January 15 through March 1 for the Fall term.
All application materials are submitted through the Registration Office on the student's home campus. CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY (CAL U) applicants must submit materials through the Undergraduate Admission Office on the CAL U campus.
The following items are required for application to the Nursing Program:
Official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts should reflect the following:
- Proof of college Biology/lab with a final minimum grade of "C" or:
- Biology Waiver Exam - 70 or higher
- AP Biology Exam (College Board) 3 or higher
- Proof of Chemistry/lab with a final minimum grade of "C".
- High school chemistry/lab may be used to meet admission criteria only in the
absence of a college level chemistry. If a student has completed a chemistry course
cannot be used to satisfy the admission criteria.
- Eligibility for English 101 and Intermediate Algebra as determined by:
- Placement tests
- SAT/ACT Scores: Math 520/21; Reading 510/21 AND Writing placement tests score
of 79 or higher.
- Prior coursework
- Completion of all required developmental courses as indicated by placement examination
with a minimum of a "C" grade. Final grades earned AFTER the application deadline will
NOT be considered. Students must earn a "C" grade or better by the third attempt.
Attempts include withdrawals and incomplete grades.
- A final grade of "C" or better in all physical and natural sciences taken prior to admission.
Final grades earned AFTER the application deadline will NOT be considered. Students must
earn a "C" grade or better by the third attempt. Attempts include withdrawals and
- Cumulative point average of 2.8 minimum.
- If 12 or more college level credits were taken through CCAC, CCAC GPA will be used
- If less than 12 college level credits were taken through CCAC, but the student has 12
or more college level credits from another post-secondary institution, a composite GPA
will be calculated using the cumulative GPA and credits earned at each institution
- If less than 12 college level credits were accomplished at any post-secondary institution,
high school GPA will be used. High school GPA must be at least a 3.0.
LPN-RN transition applicants must submit LPN school transcripts and a copy of a current, valid LPN license from the state of PA, in addition to the above listed documentation. Additional pre-requisites apply. View the page for more information.
Advance Placement students must submit nursing school transcripts and course descriptions detailing the content, number of clinical hours and number of lab hours earned in each successfully completed course. This is in addition to the above listed documentation. Additional pre-requisites apply.
Any physical and natural science courses completed prior to admission must have been completed with a "C" grade or better. If Anatomy & Physiology 1, Anatomy & Physiology 2 and Microbiology were completed prior to admission to the Nursing Program, these courses must also be completed with a "C" grade or better.
Due to limited enrollment in the Nursing Program, other variables such as academic achievement will be considered for selection of individual candidates.
Applications will be notified 1 1/2 - 2 months after the application deadline. Please understand that the Nursing Program is a limited enrollment program; therefore, admission is not guaranteed. It is important that you submit a completed folder by the application deadline of the term you are apply for in order to be considered for admission.
|Allegheny: 412.237.2680||Boyce: 412.325.6725|
|North: 412.369.4148||South: 412.469.4318|
|CALU Nursing Office: 724.938.1622|