SPRING 2015 NURSING APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in the CCAC Nursing Program! Applications for Spring 2015 admission will be accepted from July 1, 2014 through August 15, 2014. ALL admission criteria must be met by the application deadline in order for the applicant to be considered for admission. For detailed information regarding our admission criteria, please review the "Admission Process" section outlined at the bottom of the page.
In addition, all applicants should read the Nursing Program Information Packet thoroughly prior to submitting a nursing application. Please carefully review the following instructions as some modifications have been made to the nursing application process.
SUBMITTING A NURSING APPLICATION
(CAL U applicants see step 4)
1. Complete the Nursing Program Application and Behavioral Standards Guidelines. Applicants must provide their CCAC student ID number in order for their application to be processed!
2. Submit the Nursing Program Application and Behavioral Standards Guidelines in one of two ways:
- As an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred); or
- In person at any campus Registration Office.
3. All other documents such as transcripts, licenses, test scores, etc. must be submitted to a CCAC Admission or Registration office. These documents may NOT be submitted via the email address listed above. All documents will be scanned into the applicant's CCAC file and will be accessed during the application review process.
4. CAL U Applicants must have applied to and been accepted by California University of PA in addition to applying to CCAC via the general admission application. Remember all applicants must provide their CCAC student ID number in order for their application to be processed. All documents (including a copy of the Nursing Pogram Application and Behavioral Standards Guidelines) should be submitted in person or by mail to:
California University of Pennsylvania
Office of Undergraduate Admission
250 University Ave, BOX 94
California, PA 15419
5. Check email regularly. Applicants will be contacted by email should the need arise.
Completed applications will be accepted July 1, 2014 through August 15, 2014. Late applications will not be accepted. Decision letters will be sent to all applicants 1 1/2 - 2 months after the application deadline.
Applying to the Nursing Program is a two-step process. Interested individuals must first apply to CCAC via the general application. Students will then be required to provide official transcripts to the college, take placement tests as required, meet with an academic advisor and then complete appropriate coursework. Once these steps have been accomplished, students may move on to the official Nursing Program Application process.
Obtain an application for the Nursing Program online. Applications are being accepted July 1 through August 15 for the Spring term and January 15 through March 1 for the Fall term.
All application materials are submitted through the Registration Office on the student's home campus. CALIFORNIA UNIVERSITY (CAL U) applicants must submit materials through the Undergraduate Admission Office on the CAL U campus.
The following items are required for application to the Nursing Program:
Official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts should reflect the following:
- Proof of college Biology/lab with a final minimum grade of "C" or:
- Biology Waiver Exam - 70 or higher
- AP Biology Exam (College Board) 3 or higher
- Proof of Chemistry/lab with a final minimum grade of "C".
- High school chemistry/lab may be used to meet admission criteria only in the
absence of a college level chemistry. If a student has completed a chemistry course
cannot be used to satisfy the admission criteria.
- Eligibility for English 101 and Intermediate Algebra as determined by:
- Placement tests
- SAT/ACT Scores: Math 520/21; Reading 510/21 AND Writing placement tests score
of 79 or higher.
- Prior coursework
- Completion of all required developmental courses as indicated by placement examination
with a minimum of a "C" grade. Final grades earned AFTER the application deadline will
NOT be considered. Students must earn a "C" grade or better by the third attempt.
Attempts include withdrawals and incomplete grades.
- A final grade of "C" or better in all physical and natural sciences taken prior to admission.
Final grades earned AFTER the application deadline will NOT be considered. Students must
earn a "C" grade or better by the third attempt. Attempts include withdrawals and
- Cumulative point average of 2.8 minimum.
- If 12 or more college level credits were taken through CCAC, CCAC GPA will be used
- If less than 12 college level credits were taken through CCAC, but the student has 12
or more college level credits from another post-secondary institution, a composite GPA
will be calculated using the cumulative GPA and credits earned at each institution
- If less than 12 college level credits were accomplished at any post-secondary institution,
high school GPA will be used. High school GPA must be at least a 3.0.
LPN-RN transition applicants must submit LPN school transcripts and a copy of a current, valid LPN license from the state of PA, in addition to the above listed documentation. Additional pre-requisites apply. View the page for more information.
Advance Placement students must submit nursing school transcripts and course descriptions detailing the content, number of clinical hours and number of lab hours earned in each successfully completed course. This is in addition to the above listed documentation. Additional pre-requisites apply.
Any physical and natural science courses completed prior to admission must have been completed with a "C" grade or better. If Anatomy & Physiology 1, Anatomy & Physiology 2 and Microbiology were completed prior to admission to the Nursing Program, these courses must also be completed with a "C" grade or better.
Due to limited enrollment in the Nursing Program, other variables such as academic achievement will be considered for selection of individual candidates.
Applications will be notified 1 1/2 - 2 months after the application deadline. Please understand that the Nursing Program is a limited enrollment program; therefore, admission is not guaranteed. It is important that you submit a completed folder by the application deadline of the term you are apply for in order to be considered for admission.
|Allegheny: 412.237.2680||Boyce: 412.325.6725|
|North: 412.369.4148||South: 412.469.4318|
|CALU Nursing Office: 724.938.1622|