Neither the College nor the Federation shall discriminate against an Employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, religion, color, sex, handicap/disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or membership in the Federation (or lack thereof), or activities on behalf of the Federation. The College and the Federation agree to abide by existing Federal and State and local laws and appropriate executive orders applicable to fair practices.
The College and the Federation agree to:
1. Promote diversity and equity in an effort to create equal employment opportunities.
2. Participate on the College Equity and Diversity Committee to ensure all constituents of the College are represented in the creation and maintenance of an equitable and diverse College system.
3. Assist Campus/System Equity and Diversity Officers with the development of training programs to address equity and diversity issues.
4. Assist with the development of equity and diversity departmental goals and the annual equity and diversity review of goals for updates and revision.
5. Assist in the development/maintenance of an equitable and diverse college climate, to benefit the teaching and learning environment.
6. The first meeting of the Equity and Diversity Committee will be convened by the College President.
7. All teaching and non-teaching AFT eligible faculty members, one from each Campus, of the Equity and Diversity Committee will receive one three (3) credit overage/reduction per semester.