1) AFT member completes "Trip Request Form" and has it approved by the appropriate campus academic dean.
2) AFT member sends the completed and approved trip request form, along with any travel vouchers from other AFT members to the NORTH Campus Business Office.
3) The North Campus Business Manager reviews Trip Request Form for policy compliance and processes a travel advance, if requested.
4) The AFT member makes their own travel arrangements (airfare, hotel, registration, etc.), pays all expenses and secures receipts.
5) Within 30 days from completion of the trip, the AFT member completes a "Travel Expense Report" and forwards it along with all original receipts to the NORTH Campus Business Office.
6) The North Campus Business Office will process the Travel Expense Report and issue an additional reimbursement check (if warranted). The additional check will cover the expenses up to the amount of the signed vouchers, plus the member's own annual $300.00 allowance.
7) Any remaining travel funds from the previous year will be disbursed by October 31 as follows:
a. Funds permitting, non-reimbursed travel expenses will be reimbursed.
b. If funds are insufficient, then a pro-rated distribution will be made.