Counseling Service- 412.488.2031
Web Page- www.psers.state.pa.us
· Members on or after 7/1/11, please visit the PSERS webpage for contribution rates.
· Members on or after 7/22/83 contribute 7.5 percent of gross salary.
· Members prior to 7/22/83 contribute 6.5 percent of gross salary.
· College contribution is determined each July 1 by state.
· Employee’s contribution is tax deferred.
· For more information on benefits received upon termination of employment, please visit PSERS
webpage about employment termination.
Retirement benefits for both the SERS and PSERS plans are based on the average of the three highest years of salary x 2.5 percent x number of years in the plan. Several income options are available at time of retirement.