Counseling Service 412.770.1148
Web Page www.sers.state.pa.us
· Members contribute 6.25 percent of gross salary.
· College contribution is determined each July 1 by state.
· For the 2002-2003 year the state requires no employer contribution.
· Employee's contribution is tax deferred.
· SERS has a five-year vesting period.
Retirement benefits for both the SERS and PSERS plans are based on the average of the three highest years of salary x 2.5 percent x number of years in the plan. Several income options are available at time of retirement.