Many of the library's databases are available remotely. To access these databases from off campus you must have a NetID or valid CCAC network account. These accounts will also enable you to access any College Computer. When you get an account you will be given a username and you will create a password.
NetIDs are available only to current CCAC students; GET YOUR NetID ACCOUNT HERE
CCAC network accounts are available to current faculty, staff, and administrators; see directions for Network Accounts for Employees.
The questions & answers below may be of assistance if you have any problems.
- How does a CCAC student obtain a NetID username & password?
- Help with this process can be obtained from educational technicians who work in the computer laboratories. Limited help is also available at the libraries.
- How do CCAC faculty, staff & administrators obtain CCAC network accounts?
- Directions for Network Accounts for Employees are available at the ITS website.
- Who may use licensed database services?
- CCAC students who are registered for the current semester with a NetID, and current CCAC faculty, staff and administrators with a CCAC network account.
- What is the username & password?
- For students, the username & password is called the NetID. For faculty, staff, & administrators, the username & password is your CCAC network account. This is NOT your CCAC or MILO ID number. You generate the password during the application process; the password must be six characters long and a combination of uppercase and lowercase characters.
- What if the username & password does not work or cannot be remembered?
- You can now change your password, even if you have forgotten it! To use this service, you will need to enter your student ID#, NetID username, last 4 digits of your SSN, and correctly identify one of your current courses and the name of your instructor. To complete the process, you will be prompted to create security questions to confirm your identity in the future on this site. These security measure have been instituted to preserve the safety of your network account and online identity. To change or reset your password, go to http://entrypoint.ccac.edu. Any problems can be directed to the ITS ServiceDesk, 412-237-3275 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you may visit one of the Campus Open Labs to obtain assistance.
- Which Research Tools require a username & password from off campus?
- All of the Reference and Article databases, like MagillOnLiterature or Academic Search Premier, require an active NetID.
- Which Research Tools do not require a username & password from off campus?
- AlleyCat, the online library catalog, web sites listed in the Subject Guides & Course Guides and web search engines