Courtesy of CCAC Emergency Management and College Safety & Security
In accordance with CCAC’s obligations under the Clery Act, this notice is being issued to inform you that a number of students attending in-person classes and employees working on-site over the last several months at CCAC have tested positive for COVID–19. This information was self-reported by the individuals and subsequently confirmed by the Allegheny County Health Department (ACHD). Confirmed positive cases are required to self-quarantine as per ACHD and CDC guidance. Contact tracing is being coordinated by ACHD in partnership with the college. Members of the college community who may have come into close contact with individuals who tested positive will be contacted directly by the ACHD and provided with further information and instructions. Classrooms and other areas in which the positive individual may have been present have been cleaned and sanitized in accordance with the college’s COVID-19 safety protocols.
Important information regarding CCAC’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan, as well as additional information about COVID-19 prevention, symptoms, testing and more, is available on the website and through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. Information regarding confirmed positive cases involving members of the college community will be available and updated daily through the COVID-19 Dashboard found at CCAC’s COVID-19 website.
As a reminder, all members of the college community should continue to follow all health and safety protocols, including:
- wearing a face covering that meets CDC guidelines when on college grounds;
- maintaining physical (social) distancing in classrooms and throughout college facilities;
- washing your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) with soap and warm water;
- using hand sanitizer, which is available from stations located throughout the college;
- monitoring your health for symptoms in accordance with the CCAC Self-Screening Questionnaire; and
- staying home if sick.