During this emergency pandemic response period services traditionally available to students on site have been converted to remote services. Find the COVID 19 Student Resources icon at my.ccac.edu to learn how to access services.
Students have the ability to meet with an academic advisor from a distance using our Virtual Advising procedure. Virtual Advising allows students to plan, select and register for classes with the help of an academic advisor. Virtual Advising can also be used to change a major program, complete a degree audit, apply for graduation, add classes, drop classes, or withdraw from classes.
If you’re not sure you need a Virtual Advising appointment, or for other general advising questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make an Appointment for Virtual Advising
You can make an appointment for virtual advising by going to Appointment Central.
After scheduling your appointment, you will receive an email confirming your appointment date and time as well as additional information to help you better prepare for your virtual advising session. Call the telephone number given in the email if you have questions not addressed by this page or the email confirmation.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Advising Session
Your time is precious. Make the most of your virtual advising session. Following are a few tips for making your session as productive as possible:
- Plan wisely and early don't wait until the last minute to schedule an appointment. Refer to the Academic Calendar for the semester for which you are registering for deadline dates.
- Know how your education is being funded and the policies and requirements which affect funding before registering for classes. For information on the financial aid application process, go to Financial Aid. You can find complete information on payment information and deadlines at Payment Due Dates.
- If you have transcripts from another college or university, make sure they have arrived before you complete your virtual advising session. Remember we must have an official copy of your transcript(s) from previous college work in our hands no later than two (2) business days before your scheduled virtual advising session. Have copies of those transcripts in front of you for use during your virtual advising session.
- If you are unsure of your major program of study, contact the Career Counseling Office before scheduling an appointment for virtual advising.
- If you are a returning student, know the requirements of your program. Information on all CCAC programs can be found in the College Catalog. You can create a tentative schedule of classes for the semester in which you are registering by referring to the Credit Schedule for the semester in which you plan to register.
- Have your photo ID in front of you when you begin your virtual advising session. Your academic advisor cannot proceed with your appointment if you do not have a valid photo ID.