Men of Merit Initiative (MMI)
The Community College of Allegheny County Men of Merit Initiative or MMI is a student
program that focuses on increasing the retention, campus/community engagement and
academic success of male students. The program is a collaborative effort with the
Achieving the Dream National Reform Network. The program includes frequent meetings
to help mentors provide support and endow students with critical insight on how to
persevere, overcome barriers and achieve academic and life success.
CCAC's Men of Merit Initiative seeks to:
- develop strong multicultural male student leadership;
- increase engagement in the college experience;
- increase retention rates;
- increase academic productivity;
- and promote service learning.