skip to main content

CCAC Educational Foundation

The CCAC Educational Foundation is the fundraising and benefactor arm of the college. It seeks to create vital connections between the college and the wider community to ensure the ongoing viability of the college.

General Fundraising: The Foundation raises funds to support the college through such efforts as the annual fund campaign, honor and memorial giving, planned giving and special events throughout the year.

Program-based Fundraising: The Foundation solicits funds for new, expanding, or otherwise unique and entrepreneurial programs at CCAC to ensure the College's ability to anticipate and fulfill the needs of the community. 

Scholarships: The Foundation provides scholarships to ensure access for students in need. The Scholarship Luncheon is an annual event that celebrates donors and scholarship recipients.

Alumni Relations: The Foundation, in collaboration with the Alumni Affairs office, works to connect with the community at large by reaching out to the always growing number of CCAC alumni across our region and around the globe.

CCAC Educational Foundation Quick Facts

  • The CCAC Educational Foundation was established to support the mission of CCAC by creating awareness, advocating on behalf of the institution, raising, managing and distributing funds.
  • The Foundation believes it is important to invest a portion of its unrestricted money to create awareness of the College and fund activities that support the College president's presence in the community. These unrestricted funds are used to cultivate relationships with potential and existing donors, open fundraising doors and, ultimately, raise money.
  • Over the course of the last five years, an average of 85% of the Foundation's expenses have fallen into the category of program services, including student scholarships, program development, equipment and facilities. The other 15% of the expenses are split between the categories of management and general and fundraising.
  • In the 2019-2020 fiscal year, the CCAC Educational Foundation distributed $222,604 in scholarship funds to deserving CCAC students.
  • Up until the 50th Anniversary year, in 2016, the CCAC Educational Foundation had 60 endowed scholarships. During the 50th Anniversary celebration, 33 new endowed scholarships were created, which represented a more than 50% increase in our endowed scholarships. That number has continued to grow and there are currently 105 endowed scholarships.
  • The CCAC Educational Foundation conducted a five year capital campaign between 2008 and 2013 that generated $40 million. That campaign, launched at the start of the recent national recession, exceeded its goal of $30 million. It was recognized as one of the top five fundraising campaigns in the country as noted by CASE (The Council for Advancement and Support of Education).
  • In 2002, the Foundation's assets total just over $1 million. Today, the endowment currently stands at close to $13,000,000.