CCAC Educational Foundation Scholarships
Established in 1979, the CCAC Educational Foundation grew out of the understanding
that the Community College of Allegheny County would need additional resources in
order to provide comprehensive training programs, to ensure continued accessibility
and to maintain its reputation of academic excellence in higher education. Each year,
the Foundation awards thousands of dollars in scholarships. The scholarships and endowments
express the community s commitment to helping students achieve their educational goals.
CCAC Student Emergency GAP Fund
The CCAC Student Emergency GAP Fund is funded and administered by the CCAC Educational Foundation. This award of up to $500 provides emergency financial assistance to students encountering unforeseen personal circumstances that may prevent them for continuing their education at CCAC. Circumstances that may lead a student to apply for the CCAC Student Emergency GAP Fund can vary widely. They include events such as a fire that destroys property or the joss of a job halfway through the semester. Additional examples include divorce or the sudden inability to afford childcare required to attend classes. A candidate may reapply in subsequent semesters for a maximum total award of $1,000.
How to Apply
Students are encouraged to apply for this funding if the need arises and should contact their campus dean of Student Development to do so. They will be asked to complete an application that requests supporting documentation of the financial or personal circumstances prompting the application. Upon review of the student's application and situation, the dean, in consultation with the Educational Foundation, will determine the funding amount. The CCAC Educational Foundation will then disburse the funds. For each term, the deadline to apply is the date designated as the last day to withdraw from classes with a "W" grade, as noted on the academic calendar for that term.
GAP Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the CCAC Student Emergency GAP Fund, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current CCAC student learner having completed a minimum of 6 credits with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Have completed the College's financial aid application process*
- Be a degree or certificate seeking student
- Be in good behavioral and financial standing with the College
*International students are ineligible for state and federal financial aid, so they are not required to complete this process
The CCAC Educational Foundation is proud to offer this means of assisting students to continue to achieve their academic dreams when an emergency occurs by helping to bridge the gap between tuition and total educational expenses.
CCAC Educational Foundation Scholarships
Applications for Fall 2020 Scholarships Closed August 22, 2020
- An active email address that you regularly check
- A valid CCAC Student ID number
- Your current CCAC GPA
- The number of credits you have completed at CCAC
- Your primary CCAC campus
- Your major/degree program
- The degree you are seeking (AA, AS, AAS, CERT, DIPL)
Note: AwardSpring permits copying and pasting from programs such as Microsoft Word.
- Please tell the Scholarship Committee about yourself and why you are attending CCAC. Please do not identify your name, age, race or ethnicity in your essay.
- How have you been financing your education? Please list all financial aid: grants, outside scholarships (i.e. Pittsburgh Promise, Job Corps, etc), CCAC Scholarships, federal work-study positions, jobs or other aid you have received while attending CCAC.
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would a scholarship have on your education? How would you use a scholarship from the CCAC Educational Foundation?
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? What are your future goals and what is your plan for achieving them?
Remember, you have until Friday, August 21, 2020 to complete the application process. After that date, the site will be closed to students.
Meshanko Memorial Scholarship for Art Students
- Must be currently registered (full- or part-time) at CCAC in one of the following Art degree or certificate programs: Art, Digital Graphic Design, Graphic Communications or Industrial Design & Art
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must have completed at least 12 credits at CCAC
- Must be returning to CCAC for the Fall semester
High School to Career Scholarship
This scholarship provides up to $10,000/student over 5 semesters in scholarship funding to allow recent graduates from Penn Hills, Plum, Gateway, Woodland Hills, Highlands, Riverview, Wilkinsburg, McKeesport, or East Allegheny High Schools and Imani or Cheswick Christian Academies to pursue a two-year Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science and then enter the workforce in their chosen field.