skip to main content

Guidelines for Former Students

CCAC Central Self-Service Temporary Access

If you are a former or returning student, you will have access to your academic and financial records in CCAC Self-Service. The CCAC username you had while you were a student can be renewed temporarily so that you can log in to view unofficial transcripts or register for more coursework at CCAC. Your username will be the same as it was when you were a current CCAC student. You should be able to reset your password or, if necessary, create a temporary account at CCAC Username Self-Service. You will not be able to log in to MyCCAC, the student portal; only current students have access to MyCCAC.

If you have any difficulty creating an account or resetting a password, please call the ITS ServiceDesk, at 412.237.8700. For security reasons, if you request a password reset through email or chat, we will use our Zoom video tool to virtually connect with you to verify your identity.

Registering for Courses

You can search for courses in the CCAC Catalog (course descriptions) or search for courses/sections in the Self-Service Course Catalog without a log-in. If you wish to register, you will need to renew your CCAC account temporarily (see above).

  • Need to declare an active program
  • Registering for restricted classes
  • Issues involving prerequisites
  • Financial or administrative holds (PERCs)

Please note, the account(s) you create prior to registering will be temporary. After you've registered for courses, you'll be able to create a full-fledged CCAC username that will give you access to campus computers, to MyCCAC and to your academic email. You will need to change your password periodically, but the account will not expire until after you've completed your current period of study at CCAC.

Ordering Transcripts

If you want to view your unofficial transcript, you can do so in CCAC Self-Service. You can request official transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse, an online transcript supply service with whom CCAC has partnered. You can request a transcript from the Clearinghouse without logging in to CCAC Central Self-Service.

Tax Documents

To access your 1098T tax document, log in to Online Student Account Center. Please note that prior to the 2016 tax year, 1098T forms are still available on CCAC Central at this time. 

For general questions regarding these guidelines, please feel free to contact the ServiceDesk by phone (412.237.8700), by email (, or by chat. For assistance in resetting passwords, please call us at 412.237.8700.