Workforce & Job Readiness
The Workforce & Job Readiness team offers virtual appointments via Zoom Monday through Friday. Contact us at JobReady@CCAC.edu and make sure that you include your telephone number in your correspondence. Upon receipt of your email, you will be contacted to determine the best date and time to meet.
Appointments cover the following topics:
- Getting Started - professionalism / networking / social media
- Resumes and Cover letters - development / review / revisions
- Work Based Learning Experience - identifying / selecting / getting involved
- Job Search and Applications - process / strategies / follow-up
- Interviewing - types / preparation / practice
- Good Work Habits - strategies / professional development / new job opportunities
The Workforce & Job Readiness department provides a variety of resources, services and tools to support students while they prepare to graduate and launch their careers. Our team is devoted to helping our students develop the connections and skills required to be job ready as they enter the workforce. In addition to our students, we support our graduates after graduation and provide the very same services. We also include our graduates in our events and feature them on our CCAC Career Spotlights page.
Our team works collaboratively with academic and student service departments, and well as employers and community organizations, to provide students and graduates with the resources necessary to be the most prepared for the workforce, including:
- Career Coach: an assessment and job outlook tool designed to assist individuals as they discover their career path. The platform provides job specific information for numerous occupations and the outlook and salary of these occupations in our region.
- Student Extracurricular Transcript: Track your extracurricular involvement with this tool and connect with a Career Specialist to discuss how to add your work based experiences to your resume.
- College Central Network (CCN): Seek opportunities for work-study, part-time, full-time, and internship opportunities through an exclusive student and graduates job website. Employers seeking to hire CCAC students and graduates utilize College Central Network (CCN) to post positions and search for potential applicants. College Central Network (CCN) is often referred to as the CCAC Job Bank for students and graduates.
Our team coordinates on-site and virtual events to connect students and graduates to employers and assist job seekers with finding their place in the job market. These include, job fairs, employer information sessions and recruitment events, and pathway events. Our events page and social media pages have the most up-to-date information.
For inquiries and appointments, please contact us here.