In-State, In-County rates for all Veterans
Effective July 1st 2015, the Community College of Allegheny County will provide in-state, in-county rates to all Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, military service members, and their dependents through the Military & Veterans Services office.
This change is taking place to ensure compliance with Section 702 of Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act.
Active Service Members
To be eligible for in-county tuition rates, an active service member or Veteran student must meet the following criteria:
- Can provide proof of past or current service in the United States Armed Forces, including a Reserve component or National Guard. This also includes Reserve or National Guard members who completed their obligated service but were never deployed to active duty.
- If discharged, discharge or released from service must be under conditions other than dishonorable.
To be eligible for in-county tuition rates, a Veteran dependent student must meet the following criteria:
- Currently using GI Bill Education Benefits through the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Can provide Veteran Sponsor's DD-214 and copy of marriage license or birth certificate.
To verify eligibility for in-county tuition rates, students must provide one of the following documents:
- Active Duty: Current Military ID
- Veteran: Current Military ID OR DD-214 Discharge Document (Member Copy 4) OR Discharge papers from National Guard or reserves
- Dependents: Veteran Sponsor's DD-214 (Member Copy 4) AND Marriage License OR Birth Certificate
Obtain In-county Rates
To obtain in-county tuition rates:
- Complete the Priority Registration/In-State Tuition Rate Request Form
- Bring the appropriate documentation to the Military and Veterans office at any campus.
Students who obtain in-county tuition rates may also be eligible for Veteran priority registration.