Military Requests for Student Information - Solomon Amendment
Definition - Student Recruitment Information
- Telephone number
- Class Level (e.g. First-Year, Sophomore)
- Degree awarded
- Information released is limited to the current semester or the previous semester. If the request is received between semesters, the requestor must specify previous semester or upcoming semester.
- Students must be enrolled.
- If a student requests that their directory information be withheld under FERPA, this protection will be honored under Solomon; the student's records will not be released.
- Sub-population definition under Solomon is limited to the data elements included in
the definition of "Student Recruitment Information." Sub-population definitions according
to veteran status, academic performance, ethnicity, nationality, and gender are specifically
excluded under Solomon. At CCAC, we will provide sub-population definition according
- Undergraduate class level (e.g. First-Year, Sophomore)
- Campus or location of attendance
Information released is limited to military recruiting purposes only. The request for information must be in writing on letterhead that clearly identifies the military recruiting organization. Military recruiters must be from one of the following military organizations:
- Air Force
- Air Force Reserve
- Air Force National Guard
- Army National Guard
- Army Reserve
- Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Reserve
- Navy Reserve
- Marine Corps
- Marine Corps Reserve
Requesting Recruitment Information
- To submit their request in writing, on letterhead that clearly identifies their military recruiting organization.
- To complete a "Solomon Amendment Request for Information" order form. (link to the attached form)