CCAC offers a priority registration period at the beginning of each registration cycle for the Fall and Spring terms. Course schedule preference is given to: (1) Veterans and their dependents, (2) Honors Students, (3) Current students based on the total number of credits completed to date. For this third category of students, dates are assigned over a five-day period based on total credits in descending priority order (example, students with the greatest number of completed credit register first). Students who are afforded priority registration will receive a notification via email that specifies their priority registration date. Students can register on the date listed on the notice or any day prior to the first class meeting.
NOTICE: During the suspension of on-campus instruction due to the Coronavirus (CO-VID19), Registration/Advising offices will remain open. All are welcome to take advantage of Virtual Advising to meet online with an academic advisor to discuss your academic plan or register for classes.
Ways to Register
- Register online through Self-Service Plan and Schedule (for students who are eligible for online registration*). Go to Plan and Schedule, search for courses, add sections to schedule, click Register Now. See Quick Guide for Plan and Schedule at MyCCAC Self-Service portal page.
- If you are not eligible to register online, schedule a Virtual Advising appointment to meet online with an academic advisor who will help you complete the registration process.
- Email a completed registration form and a copy of your photo ID to email@example.com. List all courses on one form, including those at another campus. You should allow up to two business days for your registration to be processed, as we may require more information to complete the transaction. Check your schedule on Self-Service Plan and Schedule to confirm registration.
- Visit your campus Registration and Advising Office to register in-person (this option is not available at this time, due to COVID-19).
*To enroll online, you must be a returning student who has completed or placed out of developmental classes and is in good standing (cumulative GPA greater than 2.0). See Registration Services for hours of operation and contact information.
Once registered, you are financially obligated to pay. Start planning now how you
will complete payment for your
classes. If your plans change and you are unable to take classes, you must officially drop class(es) BEFORE the first day of the term to avoid being held responsible for tuition/fee charges.
Course Registration Deadlines
Students may register for credit classes until the first class meeting and online
courses prior to the start of the term. Registration using CCAC Central is available
up until one day before the class begins.
For courses that have met (including online courses), students may request the instructor's documented approval and submit it to the Registration and Advising Office for processing within two business days of signature and before the end of the first week of the term (or first two days of the course term for courses 10 weeks in length or less). Students who are on probation or suspension must also obtain permission from an advisor (probation) or a counselor (suspension).
Drop/ Add/ Withdrawal
Students may drop, add, or withdraw in the following ways:
- In person at the Campus Registration Office or Center during published business hours (this option is not available at this time due to COVID-19).
- By completing the drop/add form and sending via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send from your CCAC email account; if you do not have access yet to CCAC email, attach a valid photo ID.
Students receiving financial assistance through grants, loans, and veterans benefits
should consult with the Financial Aid or Military and Veterans Service Center before dropping, adding, or withdrawing from class. Students aid may be impacted
by a change to the total number of credits in which the student is enrolled, or by
receiving a W grade in one or more classes.
Drop/Add forms sent by mail, email, or fax must be received by close of business before the deadline to drop with either 100% or 80% refund, or the deadline to withdraw. Standard college refund procedures will apply. See additional information on Withdrawal Procedures.
Registration Options & Services
The following In-person services are available at your campus Registration Office; Photo ID is required to access these services. These services are availabe during the COVID-19 closure via Virtual Advising.
- Meet with academic advisor to review progress
- Register for classes
- Drop/add/withdraw from classes
- Gather cross-registration information
- Change your program/major, choose your specialization
- Apply for graduation
- Submit name, address, email, phone changes