Help is just a visit or click away!
Free tutoring is available on campus and virtually to all CCAC students enrolled in credit courses in the Learning Assistance Center (LAC), Math Café, Learning Commons, and Reading Lab. Online tutoring and academic resources are also available through SMARTHINKING and PrepSTEP. Get the help you need to succeed while managing your busy schedule. Our tutors and facilitators can also assist you in preparing for placement and TEAS tests.
Tutoring in Various Subjects!
By appointment or drop-in (when available)
LAC Tutors are available on campus and virtually!
LAC Locations & Phone Numbers
|North Campus Library
2nd Floor, Room 2102
|West Hills Center
Get the Tutoring Help You Need Now
Appointments can be scheduled remotely via ZOOM links or by calling the LAC.
- Tutoring sessions are 50 minutes in length.
- Appointments can be scheduled two per week for two consecutive weeks and you may schedule two appointments per week per class. (Visits to the Math Café and Learning Commons are unlimited and do not count towards your two LAC appointments).
- Be prepared! Have all necessary texts and materials with you.
- Write down any specific questions you have.
- We do not do your homework for you or act as an editing service. Tutors can help you learn to proofread your work and prepare it for submission. Be sure to do your homework and mark those areas that gave you trouble.
- We do not help you complete graded tests or quizzes (paper or electronic). Tutors will work with you on similar problems/questions in order to illustrate or clarify a process.
- Call or visit us if you will be late or to cancel or reschedule your tutoring session.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late without calling, someone else can take your appointment. You can take the place of a “no-show” 10 minutes past the appointment start time.
- If you consistently cancel appointments, you may lose appointment scheduling privileges. You will be welcome to drop in for services, and if we have staff available, we will accommodate you as a walk-in.
Online Tutoring 24/7
Ten hours of free online tutoring per semester is offered to all CCAC students and will be particularly useful for students who are not able to use the in-house facilities. Through our partnership with SMARTHINKING, CCAC is able to offer live tutoring anytime, from anywhere. Students will receive real-time assistance in math, chemistry, bilingual math, physics, organic chemistry, biology, intro to anatomy and physiology, economics, introductory finance, accounting and statistics. Writing support for all subjects is also provided through the online writing lab.
Once logged in to Smarthinking, verify your authentication:
- Access the Manage Account Tab from the Smarthinking Dashboard
- Click on Profile
- Verify your CCAC Academic Email Address
- Fill in your profile; click Save.
Online Practice Tests & Academic Resources!
PrepSTEP for Community Colleges provides access to online tutorials, practice tests, e-books & articles to enrich academic success and workplace readiness. Topics include: English, Math and Science, Career Test Prep, Test Prep (ACT/SAT, TEAS, NCLEX, CLEP, TOEFL and GED), Workplace Skills, Basic Computer Tasks, College Success and much more.