Nurse Aide Training Program
The Nurse Aide Training program is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. It is designed to prepare students for successful completion of course work and passing of the certification exam.
CCAC Nurse Aide Training Program follows strict COVID-19 CDC guidelines. There is
COVID testing requirements for the clinical rotation of the program. Facemasks are
required at all times during the program. For more information CCAC's COVID response
please visit: https://www.ccac.edu/about/covid-19.php
Prior to the start of class, students are required to have all of the following:
- Requirements Document
- High school diploma or GED.
- Physical exam and two Mantoux (TB) tests. All students must use the CCAC Physical Form. No other physical form will be accepted (Physical Form).
- All students must provide proof of residency Verification of Pennsylvania Residency
- PA State Police CHRI (Prohibitive Offenses Form) is required for all students Student Identification Form. If the student has not resided in Pennsylvania for the past two years a FBI check is required. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain the FBI check (FBI Forms). Contact the Nurse Aide office for info at 412.237.4470 /412.237.4471.
- Student uniforms, consisting of white scrub tops and pants, white shoes and a watch with a second hand. Uniforms are required beginning the first day of class.
- Students who wish to withdraw from a class must do so by the end of the last business day before the class starts to receive a refund.
- Must be TABE tested
- Attend NATP orientation prior to starting a class
NOTE: DUE TO THE BREVITY OF THIS COURSE, ANY TIME MISSED DURING THE FIRST 14 DAYS WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION FROM THE PROGRAM.
All forms must be submitted to the Nurse Aide office prior to the start date of the class. Registration is conditional, depending on the outcome of a criminal background check.