Virtual Project Management Boot Camp
Online Project Management Training
Project Management Certification Preparation
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) and the Project Management Professional
(PMP®) are the leading credentials for project managers across a variety of industries.
This 100% online course will teach you fundamentals of the project management based
on the Project Management Institute's (PMI) A Guide to the Project Management Body
of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide®). By course completion, you will be fully prepared for
the CAPM and PMP certifications exams and be well versed in the concepts and procedures
of professional project management.
Project Management FAQs
|Generally, a "project" is a sequence of activities that results in a specific outcome,
achievement or commodity. Project managers organize, launch and manage the people,
processes, and resources that combine to create successful projects. Project managers
may oversee the development of new or refreshed products, processes, or business centers.
|Certification designates a project manager as a dedicated professional who has undertaken
a disciplined course of study and approaches their work in an organized and efficient
manner. Data from the Project Management Institute indicates that holders of its PMP®
designation earn on average $10,000 per year more than their non-certified counterparts.
|The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) and the Project Management Professional
(PMP®) from the PMI are considered the premiere qualifications for project management
|Although nearly every industry needs project managers, technology, construction, manufacturing,
professional services, energy, and healthcare are especially strong sectors for project
Project Management Essentials with CAPM® Prep
- Understand the foundations of project management
- Learn to execute a project from start to finish
- Apprehend common project management processes and terminology
- Create project-driven budgets and timelines
- Predict and prevent risks
- Follow concepts from The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®
- Prepare to meet or exceed the educational prerequisites for the CAPM certification
Mastering Project Management with PMP® Prep
- Learn advanced project management concepts and definitions
- Understand project selection and proposal processes
- Know how to evaluate projects and take appropriate next steps
- Know how to select, plan, execute, control and complete projects
- Prepare to take and pass the Project Management Institute PMP® certification exam
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course.
Nikki Choyce, PMP has been involved in the project management field for almost 20
years and has worked as a consultant and trainer for much of that time. She is a Project
Management Professional (PMP) and very active in the project management community.
She has worked in a variety of industries, including Information Technology, Insurance,
Manufacturing, Marketing, Aerospace, Construction, and Telecommunications. She has
worked with Microsoft Project for over 10 years.
Erica Kirwan has more than 15 years of experience in process and project management.
Previously, Kirwan served as Senior Project Manager for a Fortune 200 financial services
company. She earned an Advanced Project Management Certification from Stanford University.
She also holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems and a Master
of Public Administration.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.