Vocational-Residential Development Program
The Human Services Professional Development program offers centralized training classes open to all human services agencies as well as specialized in-agency training classes. The program includes:
- Professional development classes for staff to improve and update knowledge related to their jobs.
- Personal growth and skill development classes for staff wanting to enhance individual growth in order to increase professional performance.
- Classes required by either the Allegheny County Department of Human Services or the Department of Public Welfare.
The following titles are a few examples that are offered through this program:
- First Aid
- Fire Safety
- Infectious Control
- Crisis Intervention
- Sign Language
- Changing Addictive Thinking
- Overview of Medication Errors
- Ethics in the Helping Professions
Susan M Kennedy
Coordinator, Human Services Professional Development Program
Mary Jo Guercio
College Director, Community Training and Development