Welcome International Students!
Welcome to the United States, to Pittsburgh and to CCAC.
Studying in a new culture can be one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of your life. The Office of International Students (OIS) provides all the resources and support an international student needs to be successful and enjoy the CCAC experience.
CCAC values diversity in the student body, faculty members and in the various ideas which are discussed within the classroom. With that in mind CCAC welcomes our international students with open arms. The Office of International Students offers many services to help you navigate the sometimes complicated process of studying abroad. Let OIS help you with:
- Application and enrollment
- Forms and deadlines
- Transferring from other schools
- Lodging and temporary living arrangements
The office also provides verification of student status to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), issues I-20s and handles USCIS documentation needs.
International Students Enrollment Process
Complete CCAC Application
- Complete CCAC Profile and CCAC Application for Admission online.
If you are applying for a Student Visa, please complete and submit the International Student Admissions application (F1/F2 visa).
- Provide a copy of high school transcripts and proof of high school graduation-- translated into English
- Provide copies of official college transcripts, if applicable, translated into English.
- Check to see if outside college credits will transfer to CCAC.
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 92970
Milwaukee, WI 53202-0970
- World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745, Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
- Either of these agencies will, for a fee, determine your coursework's compatibility with the United States educational system. Please request the detailed evaluation. The college will accept other transcript evaluator services, as long as they are approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- Evaluations should be sent to [email protected].
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Complete Student Sponsor Statement of Support (This document will be emailed to you) -- to be completed by the sponsor. NOTE: For prospective F1 Students who have a third-party letter of guarantee, a secondary sponsor must complete the Affidavit of Support, accompanied by the required financial information.
- Most recent four months of official bank statements of sponsor(s) showing a minimum of $32,000 in available funds, converted into US Dollars. There must be an additional $2,000 in US Dollars, for each dependent, if applicable.
- Provide copy of official TOEFL test scores - if living outside of the United States. (Not required if here in the U.S.).
- Provide copy of Passport, VISA and I-94 retrieval form.
Complete Additional Forms
- Complete the Student Information Sheet. (This sheet will be emailed to you)
- Completed Authorization To Release Information (FERPA form), if applicable. We cannot discuss your status with any third party without your signed permission.
Send CCAC Your Documentation
- Send us copies of official college transcripts, if applicable, translated into English
- Send us a copy of high school transcripts and proof of high school graduation-- translated into English
- Send us your completed Student Sponsor Statement of Support
- Send us your most recent four months of official bank statements of sponsor(s) showing a minimum of $32,000 in available funds, converted into US Dollars. There must be an additional $2,000 in US Dollars, for each dependent, if applicable.
- Send us a copy of official TOEFL test scores - if living outside of the United States. (Not required if here in the U.S.).
- Send us a copy of Passport, VISA and I-94 retrieval form (Card)
- Complete the above steps AND
- Provide a copy of current I-20.
- Submit the International Student Officer's Report - will be given upon completion of CCAC International Application and placement testing, if required.
CCAC does not provide housing for students.
The web pages listed below offer listings for apartments and other real estate rentals.
If your family is coming to Pittsburgh to visit, and they need to make accommodations for a stay close and convenient to the campuses of CCAC, here are a few smart choices. The four hotels listed below are in perfect locations. All of them are estimated to cost between $109.00 and 119.00 per night, depending on the day of the week, and availability. If interested in these convenient locations, call the numbers listed below for details:
- Greentree Radisson: 101 Marriott Drive, 412.922.8400. Free shuttle to and from Pittsburgh International Airport.
- Hampton Inn: 555 Trumbull Drive, 412.922.0100. Free shuttle to downtown Pittsburgh and the North Shore.
- Clarion Hotel: 401 Holiday Drive, 412.922.8100.
- Quality Inn: 700 Mansfield Avenue, 412.279.6300.