About the Keys Program
KEYS (Keystone Education Yields Success) is a Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) program designed to help TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) and SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as Food Stamps) recipients succeed in community college.
If you are a CCAC student who receives TANF or SNAP benefits, you may qualify to participate in the KEYS program at CCAC.
To learn about, apply for, or renew human services benefits (including TANF and SNAP) online, visit the PA Compass website.
To learn more about KEYS, please see our brochure.
KEYS Student Support Specialists will work with you and the County Assistance Office (CAO) to see if you may be eligible for help with:
- Child care funds *
- Transportation costs (bus passes, mileage, and repairs) *
- Books and school or training supplies *
KEYS Student Support Specialists will also connect you to:
- FREE CCAC support services including counseling, academic support, tutoring, and career counseling
- Connections to other community service agencies
- And more! depending on federal/state regulations and funding
*Eligibility is determined by PA Department of Human Services (DHS) guidelines
The requirements to participate in the KEYS Program are:
- Attend scheduled appointments with your Student Support Specialist
- Meet hours requirements (as determined by DHS)
- Complete orientation forms, assessments, special allowance requests, and other required documentation in a timely manner.
Application and Enrollment
If you are currently receiving TANF or SNAP, you may also contact your CAO caseworker about a referral to KEYS.