skip to main content

Admissions and Enrollment

As an open-admissions institution, CCAC does not require college entrance examinations. To enroll as a full-time student, applicants must have a high school diploma or Pennsylvania GED certificate or must be at least 18 years of age with experience reasonably equivalent to a GED.

Notice: CCAC is happy to welcome prospective students or visitors in person and virtually. For assistance, please call our Information Center at 412.237.CCAC. Additionally, you can reach us via email at CCAC Admissions staff is happy to speak with you and are available Monday - Thursday from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm and Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.

How to Apply & Enroll 

  1. Complete your admissions application.
  2. Apply for financial aid by submitting your FAFSA form available online at
  3. Review placement testing information and exemptions.
  4. Send your final high school or GED transcripts to
  5. Send any college transcripts to
  6. Meet with an academic advisor virtually to discuss your course plan and courses to take.
  7. Pay for classes. A complete listing of tuition and fees can be found here.

Join an Admissions Virtual Chat!

Virtual Open House & Information Sessions

Click here to view upcoming Virtual Open House and Information Sessions

CCAC's Virtual Open House requires registration but is open to all members of the community, including prospective and current students, family members and friends. Whether you are thinking of starting your college career, dropping in for one or two classes over the summer, or returning to finish your degree, you can get it done and have a little fun at this virtual open house experience! Click here to learn more and register for the event!

CCAC's Information Sessions enable prospective students to learn about our programs, application process and opportunities available at CCAC. They offer the opportunity to hear from and engage with Admissions representatives, and typically involve a presentation and question-and-answer period. Click here to learn more and register for the event!

phone icon412.237.CCAC

email iconEmail Admissions!

Specialty Programs and Limited Enrollment

Admission to the College does not constitute admission to certain programs. Enrollment in these programs is limited by the availability of additional factors. If you indicate a preference for one of these limited enrollment programs, you will be sent complete information on the process you must follow to apply.

International Students

In order to be accepted to the Community College of Allegheny County and issued an I-20, international students must complete and submit the international students application packet. As a reminder, each of the forms can be found on the International Student page. Please contact the Office of International Students for the international application deadlines. An I-20 (application for student visa) will be issued to the student once all documents have been processed. International students must also provide proof of English proficiency.