The Facilities Management Department in Office of College Services is responsible for the management of all the college campus facilities. We are an interdisciplinary department that oversees the functionality of the college facilities by integrating people, place, process and technology in the most economical and cost-effective manner. Our goals are to ensure that each building properly maintains, operates, remains safe and environmentally sound for all students, faculty and staff. These occupants depend on our Department to provide services that help create a comfortable and secure learning environment.
- HVAC (indoor air quality and temperature control)
- Preventive Maintenance
- Elevator Maintenance
- Normal Power
- Emergency Power
- Security and Locks
- Building Cleanliness
- Waste Removal
- Sprinkler Systems
- Smoke/Fire Detection Systems
- Fire Extinguishers
- Evacuation Plans
- New Construction
- PDE/Board of Trustee Approvals
- Lease Negotiations/Renewals
- Master Plan Studies/Development
- Overview of Major Responsibilities and Services
Applications for Facilities Usage must be made to the Facility Coordinator at least three weeks prior to the time of requested use. The Business Manager/ Facility Coordinator will approve all external usage of College facilities and will assess all fees in accordance with the current fee schedule.Application
CCAC's Facility Master Plan
- CCAC will increase academic success, college completion and equity in the region by providing every student with the motivation and support they need to achieve their individual goals.
- CCAC will become a global learning community that stands on the pillars of proactive, intentional access, inclusion, diversity, social justice and respect, to positively impact the vitality of the region.
- CCAC will become the region s premier provider of workforce training and increase prosperity and opportunity throughout the region by preparing individuals to meet the emerging workforce needs of the community and employers.
- CCAC will incorporate innovative uses of technology to advance the delivery of instruction and services, and support the region s 21st century economy.
Workforce Development and Training Center
The cornerstone of CCAC's system-wide "Pioneering Pittsburgh's New Workforce" initiative is the construction of a new 60,000-square-foot Workforce Development & Training Center on Allegheny Campus. This new facility will house programs for in-demand fields such as cybersecurity, information technology, autonomous and process technology, machine learning, advanced manufacturing and robotics. The center will also feature experiential classrooms and labs, collaborative areas, and a new culinary school.
The new center is currently finalizing the construction phase of relocating underground utilities. Construction of the facility is anticipated to get underway in spring 2021. If all goes according to plan, the center will be completed for occupancy in fall of 2022.
The virtual groundbreaking was held on November 5, 2020.
The Community College of Allegheny County's Allegheny Campus on Pittsburgh's North Side is one of the College's original campuses. Located on the campus is Chalfant Hall, which is one of the original mansions on what is known as Millionaire's Row in the Allegheny West Historic District. The mansion was built around 1900 and is a four-story building that is on the list of Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation's Historic Landmarks. The building was acquired by CCAC in 1981 and is to be converted into CCAC's Center for Faculty Innovation to enhance academic culture and support innovations in teaching and career planning.
CCAC current project is to renovate and reorganize the existing space to provide supporting areas for the Center for Faculty Innovation. The spaces will include instructional classrooms, collaborative/break out spaces, offices, and conference rooms. It will also incorporate labs to support digital learning and testing. All of the new spaces will have the infrastructure to support innovative instructional methods as well as state-of-the-art equipment and technology. This renovated facility will also be the home to the CCAC Virtual Campus.
Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer
- [email protected]