Take Classes Online!
CCAC's Virtual Campus currently features 18 degree programs and 15 certificate and diploma programs that can be complete entirely online.
All online courses cover the same content as on-campus or hybrid classes and are taught by CCAC faculty. Activities such as group study sessions or field trips may be a part of some courses.
Degrees 100% Online
- Accounting, A.S.
- Accounting Specialist, A.S.
- Administrative Assistant, A.S.
- Business, TAOC Transfer, A.S.
- Business Management, A.S.
- Business, CCAC & Indiana University of PA, A.S/ B.S.
- Computer Information Systems, A.S.
- Court Reporter, A.S.
- Criminal Justice and Criminology, A.S.
- Cybersecurity and IT Support Specialist, A.S.
- Fire and Emergency Services, A.S.
- General Studies, A.S.
- Homeland Security, A.S.
- Hospitality Operations Management, A.S.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences A.S.
- Social Sciences, A.A.
- Software Development, A.S.
- Teacher Education: Middle Level & Secondary, A.A.
Certificates and Diplomas 100% Online
- Accounting, Certificate
- Administrative Computer Specialist, Certificate
- Business Management, Certificate
- Court Reporting, Certificate
- Cybersecurity Support Specialist, Certificate
- Digital Design, Certificate - summer only
- E-commerce, Certificate
- Early Childhood Director Core, Diploma
- Entrepreneurship, Certificate
- Ethnic & Diversity Studies, Certificate
- General Education, Certificate
- Homeland Security, Certificate
- Hospitality Operations Management, Certificate
- Network Support Specialist, Certificate
- Software Development, Certificate
Partially Online or Remote
CCAC Degree and Certificate programs in which most course requirements can be completed partially online or remote.
Faculty develop Virtual Campus courses as alternatives to traditional in-class courses. As a result, students have been able to substitute these courses for traditional course requirements. A review of the CCAC Course Catalog revealed that this alternative delivery option could substitute for 50% to 99% of the traditional courses in the following degree and certificate programs.
- Art, A.S.
- Aviation Management, A.S.
- Chemistry, A.S.
- Dietary Manager, Certificate
- Dietetic Technician, A.S.
- Drug & Alcohol, Certificate
- Early Education & Child Development
- Early Education & Child Development, Certificate
- Education Paraprofessional, A.S.
- Education Paraprofessional, Certificate
- Global Studies, Certificate
- Graphic Communications, A.S.
- Graphic Design, Certificate
- Health & Physical Education, A.S.
- Massage Therapist, A.S.
- Mathematics & Sciences, A.S.
- Medical Assistant, A.S.
- Medical Insurance Specialist, Certificate
- Multimedia Programming, Simulation & Gaming, A.S.
- Paralegal, A.S.
- Paralegal, Certificate
- Physics, A.S.
- Psychology, A.A.
- Social Work Foundation, A.S.
- Social Work: Fundamentals of Social Work Foundation, Certificate
Notice to Out-of-State Students
The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is an agreement among member states, districts, and territories in the United States, which establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of post-secondary distance education courses and programs. SARA is overseen by a national council (NC-SARA) and administered by four regional education compacts. What does it do? It simplifies the process of taking online courses for credit at an institution of higher education based in another state. Community College of Allegheny County operates its distance education classes and programs under the provisions for out-of-state students set by SARA.
Community College of Allegheny County is SARA Approved. The college accepts students from all 50 states and from Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands into our online classes and programs.
Community College of Allegheny County has been approved by The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
It is the student's responsibility to monitor the current status or special requirements related to the authorization of distance education in their state of residence. For more information about NC-SARA, please visit http://www.nc-sara.org.