Dietetic Program Admissions
The College has an open admissions process, supported by an online system. College Board scores and other entrance examinations are not required. Students are, however, required to take placement tests so that your academic advisor can help you select courses appropriate to your educational goals and background.
To apply for admission, a prospective student needs to:
- Submit an application to the college and gain acceptance. You will receive a Student ID number.
- Use this Student ID number to complete a separate application to the Allied Health Department (this is required to enroll in the Dietetics programs).
- Admission to the Dietetic Technician Program is limited by the availability of clinical sites.
- Applicants must have a C or better in one year of high school Algebra and Chemistry or the equivalent and be eligible for college-level courses.
- Students are accepted throughout the year based on meeting eligibility requirements and the date of the application.
See the Dietetic Programs Student Handbook (links to https://www.ccac.edu/programs/health-sciences/_files-health/dit-student-handbook.pdf) for additional information bout the Dietetic Program at CCAC.
Registering For Classes
After review by the program director, prospective students will receive written notification of admission. Upon admission to the program, students are required to consult with the program director on course selection and registration. Written permission to register for dietetic program courses (courses with a DIT alpha code) must be provided each semester by the program director. This may be completed in person or via mail or email for students in Internet courses.
Online Versus Classroom
All dietetic programs are fully accessible as either classroom or online programs with the exception of one required course (CHM-120 Bio-Organic Chemistry) for the Online Dietetic Technician Program. You may transfer these to CCAC from a local college by earning a C or better grade. Dietary Manager students may articulate to the Dietary Technician program.