The time for filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now! File your FAFSA now!
Federal Title IV CODE for ALL CAMPUSES AND CENTERS of the Community College of Allegheny
County is: 003231-00.
The Community College of Allegheny County offers several financial aid options to help ease the cost of tuition and fees. Financial Aid staff members seek to help you acquire aid as simply as possible. CCAC administers various federal and state financial aid funds. Grants, which do not require repayment, as well as loans and student employment programs, are available through the Office of Financial Aid. Financial aid may only be used for educational purposes and to pay costs associated with attending CCAC.
If you are expecting to receive financial aid, you can review your pending financial aid at MyCCAC. Navigate to CCAC Central e-Services and select "Students." Then click on "Financial Aid Self-Service."
It is your responsibility to compare your financial aid offer with your tuition and fee costs. If the financial aid is less than the total cost of tuition and fees, the balance is due by the tuition due date.
If you are applying for a student loan, you must also complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Student Loan Entrance Counseling in order for your loan to be processed.
Coming SoOn: 2024-2025 Academic Year FAFSA Simplification
The FAFSA Simplification Act has recently been passed by Congress to streamline the financial aid process for students and families. Among other key changes, this legislation will reduce the total number of questions students see when filing the FAFSA, attempt to clarify the questions that will be asked, and will aim to increase Federal Pell Grant eligibility. While in some cases the FAFSA simplification could increase some students' financial aid eligibility, others may see a decrease in aid. Key changes that can impact the application process and resulting financial aid offers for students are outlined below.
Key changes include, but are not limited to:
- Most of the changes related to FAFSA simplification will begin with the 2024-2025 application. Due to the changes, the 2024-2025 FAFSA will not be available as of the traditional October 1 date. The anticipated launch date of the 2024-25 FAFSA will be in December 2023.
- The Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) has been replaced by the Student Aid Index (SAI). The SAI is a different way to determine aid eligibility.
- The FAFSA Simplification Act expands the Federal Pell Grant to more students and will link eligibility to family size and the federal poverty level.
- CCAC will use the SAI to determine eligibility for federal and state financial aid programs.
- SAI will no longer take the number of students in college into consideration. This may reduce need-based aid eligibility for current students with siblings in college.
- For students whose parents are separated or divorced, the guidance on which parent income to report has changed to the parent who provides the most financial support to the student, rather than the parent who lives at the student's primary residence.
- Parents without a Social Security Number will be able to apply for an FSA ID. This will speed up FAFSA processing time as they'll be able to submit the form online, rather than having to print, sign and mail their application.
- Students who qualify for a dependency override due to homelessness or not being able to access their parents' financials, no longer need to recertify their dependency status each year, unless their situation changes.
- Male students under the age of 26 are no longer required to register with the Selective Service System to receive federal financial aid.
Additional information can be found at https://studentaid.gov/help-center/answers/article/fafsa-simplification-act
Net Price Calculator
Using both institution-provided and student-entered data, this calculator will allow prospective students to calculate an estimated net price at an institution, defined as cost (price) of attendance minus grant and scholarship aid, based on what similar students paid in a previous year. Try it out below!
Access Financial Aid Forms
The following financial aid forms will be completed electronically with DocuSign eSignature. DocuSign provides a professional trusted solution for Digital Transaction Management.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Help Center contains information that addresses frequently asked questions such as considerations for financial aid, help applying and completing the forms, tax return documents, eligibility for financial aid, default on student loans, work-study applications, withdrawing or dropping a class, and information on receiving money.
Students interested in enrolling at CCAC can meet with representative from Admissions, Advising, Registration, Financial Aid and Student Accounts all in one visit.
Contact Financial Aid
412.237.CCAC, press 2
839 Ridge Avenue
Student Services Center, Room 140
Pittsburgh, PA 15212