About The Learning Assistance Center (LAC)
Free tutoring is available on campus and virtually to all CCAC students enrolled in credit courses in the Learning Assistance Center (LAC), Math Café, Learning Commons, and Reading Lab. Online tutoring and academic resources are also available through SMARTHINKING and PrepSTEP. Get the help you need to succeed while managing your busy schedule. Our tutors and facilitators can also assist you in preparing for placement and TEAS tests.
Appointments can be scheduled remotely via ZOOM links or by calling the LAC. Tutoring sessions are 50 minutes in length. Appointments can be scheduled two per week for two consecutive weeks and you may schedule two appointments per week per class. (Visits to the Math Café and Learning Commons are unlimited and do not count towards your two LAC appointments).
Be prepared! Have all necessary texts and materials with you.
- Write down any specific questions you have.
- We do not do your homework for you or act as an editing service. Tutors can help you learn to proofread your work and prepare it for submission. Be sure to do your homework and mark those areas that gave you trouble.
- We do not help you complete graded tests or quizzes (paper or electronic). Tutors will work with you on similar problems/questions in order to illustrate or clarify a process.
- Call or visit us if you will be late or to cancel or reschedule your tutoring session.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late without calling, someone else can take your appointment. You can take the place of a "no-show" 10 minutes past the appointment start time.
- If you consistently cancel appointments, you may lose appointment scheduling privileges. You will be welcome to drop in for services, and if we have staff available, we will accommodate you as a walk-in.
″I have had positive energy in the LAC/Math Café, It is fun for me to talk to the tutors on a regular basis. I would not be able to push through my college experience academically or socially without the tutoring services. Thank You!″
Make An Appointment
Students may schedule an appointment by phone.
West Hills Center
While tutoring is available in-person, it is also available virtually using Zoom.
Students Seen a Semester
is the Most Requested Subject
Minutes Spent with a Tutor a Semester
Contact the LAC
West Hills Center